November 16, 2016
The whole gang talks to Amit Bapat, a PM in the Azure team about perhaps the most important and least known Azure service of all - Key Vault.
Media file: http://azpodcast.blob.core.windows.net/episodes/Episode153.mp3
- Azure Backup already supports backup and restore of virtual machines created through the classic and Azure Resource Manager deployment models, along with Azure Premium Storage VMs.
- Azure Backup now supports backup and restore of virtual machines encrypted through Azure Disk Encryption.
- Azure functions GA'd this week
- Bot as a service (uses functions + Bot framework to provide serverless compute).
- We're excited to introduce a public preview of the DocumentDB Emulator, which provides a local development experience for the Azure DocumentDB service.
- Today, Microsoft announced a new partnership with OpenAI, a nonprofit AI research organization co-founded by Elon Musk, Sam Altman, Greg Brockman and Ilya Sutskever.
November 3, 2016
Cale and Evan talk to Sarah Fender, a Principal Program Manager in the Azure team, about the Security Center.
Media file: http://azpodcast.blob.core.windows.net/episodes/Episode151.mp3
Azure Active Directory Domain Services generally available
Azure HDInsight introduces advanced security capabilities in public preview
Azure Analysis Services in public preview
Microsoft Cognitive Services: Translator generally available