October 1, 2015
We are joined by Mahesh Thiagarajan, a Senior PM in the Azure Compute team responsible for the work behind the new IaaS V2 service that runs under ARM. He discusses some of the enhancements in the VM-hosting service and reasons for the new model and how customers can migrate to this new service.
Media file: http://azpodcast.blob.core.windows.net/episodes/Episode96.mp3
March 18, 2015
The guys talk about a number of topics including:
Row Hammer bug http://googleprojectzero.blogspot.com/2015/03/exploiting-dram-rowhammer-bug-to-gain.html
Azure IoT Suite http://blogs.microsoft.com/iot/2015/03/16/microsoft-announces-azure-iot-suite/
Lack of PaaS in Azure Pack
Max connections in VMs
Favorite Azure Feature
Something in Azure that drives you crazy
Media file: http://azpodcast.blob.core.windows.net/episodes/Episode69.mp3
ECC - Error-correcting code
Azure RemoteApp PowerShell cmdlets are publically available
September 24, 2014
The guys talk about the new 'D' series VMs, Mark Russinovich's promotion to CTO of Azure, Redis Cache and penetration testing your apps on Azure.
September 17, 2014
We talk to Microsoft Azure consultant Andrew Weiss, who specializes on IAAS, on how to use Docker and Kubernetes on Azure.
Media file: http://azpodcast.blob.core.windows.net/episodes/Episode44.mp3
September 10, 2014
Evan talks to long-time Microsoftie John Gose who is the guy that is called when the Azure Infrastructure does not work as expected.
Media File: http://azpodcast.blob.core.windows.net/episodes/Episode43.mp3
February 5, 2014
- My VM disappeared!
- I've been pwned!
- My VM won't work!
- I cannot access my VM!
Media file: http://azpodcast.blob.core.windows.net/episodes/Episode16.mp3
Two new compute-intensive instances are now generally available for use with Windows Azure Cloud Services:
- A8: 8 virtual cores with 56 GB of RAM
- A9: 16 virtual cores with 112 GB of RAM
Configuring of MIME types for dynamic and static content compression is now enabledfor Windows Azure Web Sites.
A great resource Script Centerat Windows Azure site.
Some of the scripts the library currently includes:
- Create/Deploy a Windows Azure Virtual Machine with Two Data Disks
- Quickly create dev-test VM on Azure running Visual Studio 2013 Pro|Premium|Ultimate, SQL Server 2012 Developer edition SP1 and SharePoint 2013 trial (MSDN subscription required).
- Deploy Windows Azure VMs to an Availability Set and Load Balanced on an Endpoint
- Create Two Windows Azure VMs (IIS Frontend and SQL Backend) & Deploy a Web App
- Create Windows Azure VMs & Deploy in the Same Windows Azure Virtual Network
- Stop Windows Azure Virtual Machines on a Schedule
WAAD White Papers:
Endpoints and ACLs - Scripting
Endpoint and ACLs:
Export-AzureVM - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsazure/jj152899.aspx
Get-AzureVNetConfig - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsazure/dn495309.aspx
November 14, 2013
- What is IAAS
- Basics of why IAAS is available/what gaps do they fill
- How much does this cost?
- How are these useful (scenarios)
- Management tools
- Tips/Tricks to using VMs effectively?
- Special guest Evan Basalik - Azure Support Specialist from Microsoft!
Media file: http://azpodcast.blob.core.windows.net/episodes/Episode5.mp3
Hot off the press - announced today - Visual Studio Online lets you edit an Azure Website directly from any modern browser (on any platform).
1) Go to the Azure Portal.
2) Pick a Site and click on the Configure tab.
3) Open the Dashboard - you will have the Edit in Visual Studio Online option.
WAAD - http://blogs.technet.com/b/ad/archive/2013/11/08/creating-and-managing-multiple-windows-azure-active-directories.aspx
'Capturing' Windows Server VMs - http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/manage/windows/how-to-guides/capture-an-image/