The guys talk about the lesser-known Hyper-V Recovery Manager and it's importance for not just large enterprises but the SMB market as well.
Media file: http://azpodcast.blob.core.windows.net/episodes/Episode36.mp3
Tip of the week
Customers receive error messages when the connection to Azure SQL Database fails. The connection problems can be caused by the firewall settings, connection time-out, or incorrect login information. Additionally, if the maximum limit on some Azure SQL Database resources is reached, you cannot connect to Azure SQL Database. This is an interactive KB article to help users find the right content to help them out.
Cloud Automation Whitepaper
New 'Explain that to me' video series:
Identity 101: Azure and Office 365 Powered by Identity And Access Control
Azure PowerShell 0.8.5 is released and it includes :
- Azure File Service cmdlets: Get-AzureStorageFile | Remove-AzureStorageFile | Get-AzureStorageFileContent | Set-AzureStorageFileContent
- Azure Resource Manager tags in AzureResourceManager mode: New-AzureTag | Get-AzureTag | Remove-AzureTag
- ReverseDnsFqdn parameter in New-AzureService, Set-AzureService, New-AzureVM and New-AzureQuickVM
- Network: Set-AzureInternalLoadBalancer | Add-AzureDns | Set-AzureDns | Remove-AzureDns
- Traffic Manager: Support for Weighted Round Robin policies and Performance policies with external endpoints
- Role sizes information for Get-AzureRoleSize, Get-AzureAffinityGroup, Get-AzureService, and Get-AzureLocation cmdlets
Reverse DNS for Azure Cloud Services (both IaaS & PaaS) now supported:
- Backwards compatible with all existing Cloud Services
- Offered at no additional cost
- Supported in the Service Management API, and through PowerShell.
7 more ExpressRoute locations are now generally available.
- US: Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, New York and Seattle
Asia: Hong Kong, Singapore
Azure Active Directory SDK’s for iOS, Android and OSX are GA
Azure Web Sites Cheat Sheet
Charlotte Azure Bootcamp - https://cltazurebootcamp.eventday.com/