December 12, 2014
The guys re-visit the topic of Backing up your files, folders and other on-premises data to Azure.
Media file: http://azpodcast.blob.core.windows.net/episodes/Episode56.mp3
Nov 14 - Available in Australia
Retain data for up to 9 years was 120 days
SCDPM to backup VM to Azure:
Backup of Azure Storage (Table, Blobs & Queues) - Cmdlets, community apps available.
http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/remoteapp/ RemoteApp going GA
We’ve announced the general availability of several features, including Live Channels for Azure Media Services and High-Performance VPN gateway. Plus, a new SQL Database (including a new Standard tier performance level) and Premium Storage are now in public preview. Related pricing changes have also been announced.
December 3, 2014
Evan and Sujit talk to Apurva Joshi, a Senior PM in the Azure Websites team on how customers can easily migrate their workloads to Azure Websites using the Azure Websites Migration Tool.
Media file: http://azpodcast.blob.core.windows.net/episodes/Episode55.mp3
Download the migration tool here: https://www.movemetothecloud.net/
November 25, 2014
After doing some more analysis on the big Azure service outage from last week, Cale talks to us about a new service he's been playing around with - Azure Batch.
Media file: http://azpodcast.blob.core.windows.net/episodes/Episode54.mp3
Batch documentation - http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/services/batch/
Azure Storage Performance Guidance/Checklist
November 19, 2014
We talk to Jeff Lyttle, a Principal Consultant with Microsoft, on how he setup a self-service BI infrastructure in Azure.
Media file: http://azpodcast.blob.core.windows.net/episodes/Episode53.mp3
Azure outage details: http://azure.microsoft.com/blog/2014/11/19/update-on-azure-storage-service-interruption
November 12, 2014
We talk to Edwina Revell, a Senior Delivery Manager with Microsoft, New Zealand, about a large Azure migration she just completed with a global customer. She tells us about some of the things customers need to keep in mind before attempting large-scale migrations.
November 5, 2014
We run through all the latest Networking feature updates to Azure.
Media file: http://azpodcast.blob.core.windows.net/episodes/Episode51.mp3
- AzCopy 3.0 is now GA:
- AzCopy 4.0.0-preview also includes copying Azure Files, exporting table entities to local files or to azure storage block blobs, and importing the data back to a storage table.
Full-length Tech Ed Europe Session on Networking updates with demos etc.
October 29, 2014
We discuss all the newest Azure services announced at Tech Ed Europe this week.
Media file: http://azpodcast.blob.core.windows.net/episodes/Episode50.mp3
Red Blue testing? http://channel9.msdn.com/Shows/Azure-Friday/Red-vs-Blue-Internal-security-penetration-testing-of-Microsoft-Azure
Tips and Tricks:
Setting non-UTC time zone in Azure VMs
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformationRealTimeIsUniversal = 1
TechEd announcements - http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/azure-new-marketplace-network-improvements-new-batch-service-automation-service-more
- Marketplace: Announcing Azure Marketplace and partnerships with key technology partners
- Networking: Network Security Groups, Multi-NIC, Forced Tunneling, Source IP Affinity, and much more
- Batch Computing: Public Preview of the new Azure Batch Computing Service
- Automation: General Availability of the Azure Automation Service
- Anti-malware: General Availability of Microsoft Anti-malware for Virtual Machines and Cloud Services
- Virtual Machines: General Availability of many more VM extensions – PowerShell DSC, Octopus, VS Release Management
List of AzureConf 2014 Sessions:
- Search Like a Pro with Azure Search
- Performance Tuning Microsoft Azure SQL Database
- Reducing latency on the web with the Azure CDN
- Build Your Virtual Conference with Windows Azure
- Caching in Azure, there’s more to that than Azure Caching Services
- Meet Azure Files, your new Swiss Army Knife
- Being Efficient with Azure Automation
- Migrate SQL Federation to the new Data Elasticity framework
- Game Services and Telemetry Processing in Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Azure Web Jobs - the new way to run your workloads in the Cloud
- Azure Services for Big Data
Anti-malware for VMs:
October 22, 2014
Cale recently did a live Microsoft Virtual Academy session on DevOps and we talk to him about the importance of this when it comes to Azure. You can watch the entire 1-day session at the link below (may be a couple of days before the video recording is produced and posted).
Media file: http://azpodcast.blob.core.windows.net/episodes/Episode49.mp3
The latest Azure news out of San Francisco by the Microsoft Azure leadership team:
October 15, 2014
We talk to Saquib Rashid, a Microsoft App Dev Consultant and Mobile Developer who has developed the very popular NJ Train Helper app which leverages various features in Azure. We talk to Saquib about the evolution of this app and how he leveraged various Azure features to provide additional functionality in the Phone app.
Saquib's popular NJ Train Helper app: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/nj-train-helper/878e2210-5e4b-4256-ba2c-65b11f6c94ee
Media file: http://azpodcast.blob.core.windows.net/episodes/Episode48.mp3
Apache Storm now on Azure
Reddogdowntime app for Windows Phone: http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=fafc8f4c-c4d5-47af-8b63-788119f750b0
Microsoft Virtual Academy one-day session on Dev/Test in a Dev Ops world n October 20th - our very own Cale Teeter is one of the speakers.
Free registration http://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.com/liveevents/dev-test-scenarios-in-the-devops-world