April 9, 2014
Dynamic Gateway / P2S
IoT - Orleans - Framework for massive scale
Media file: http://azpodcast.blob.core.windows.net/episodes/Episode23.mp3
Azure SDK 2.3 for .NET is available.
The new Azure SDK 2.3 for .NET supports the following additional features:
- Virtual Machines: Remote debug native or managed code [Article] and create virtual machines from Server Explorer [Article]
- Web Sites: View and edit remote files and logs [Article] and easily publish Web apps using the improved Publish Web experience [Article]
- Cloud Services: General availability of Emulator Express [Article] with Run as Normal User support & Remote debugging for native code [Article]
- Storage: Updated Storage Emulator & Storage Client 3.0 now included in new projects [Storage Dev Center]
- PowerShell, X-Plat CLI and .NET Automation (separate downloads from Azure SDK 2.3): Support for using Resource Manager [PowerShell Article; X-Plat CLI Article], and lots of new commands for automating Web Sites, Cloud Services, VMs and more [PowerShell Article; X-Plat CLI Article]
The Azure SDK 2.3 can be downloaded from the Azure .NET Developer Center.
A selection of Microsoft Azure Active Directory Samples on github
Process automation capability to simplify Azure cloud management
Use runbooks (in a form of a PowerShell script) to automate the manual, long-running, error-prone, and frequently repeated tasks that are commonly performed in a cloud environment.
Internet of Things with Azure Service Bus
A nice video on the advent of the Internet of things and how connected devices are presenting numerous integration and messaging challenges, which can be tackled with Service Bus. In this session, Todd Holmquist-Sutherland & Paolo Salvatori demonstrates how to use queues and topics to enable a variety of M2M scenarios--everything from command/control to telemetry.
April 3, 2014
At the Build 2014 conference, we introduced the new Microsoft Azure Preview portal and the new Basic tier of compute instances.
We also announced the general availability of the Web Sites Basic tier along with enhancements to the Web Sites Standard tier, Active Directory Premium, Scheduler, RA-GRS, Dynamic Routing Gateways and Point-to-Site, AutoScale, and Visual Studio Online.
In addition, Azure Automation public preview was announced and Azure Backup pricing was reduced
Media file: http://azpodcast.blob.core.windows.net/episodes/Episode22.mp3